Monday, May 23, 2011

Jobless

Most of you know that I am searching for a job in Memphis. However, I have little hope of finding one as I am in town for a little over a month. Here are my current ideas. If you have any more creative ideas, holler.

1. Work at McDonald's and make it a Sociology research project.
2. Take up my offer with "Vector" to walk door-to-door and sell knives in Memphis. Sounds safe.
3. Work at Palm Beach Tanning, which I morally can't do because I am opposed to helping people procure skin cancer.

But, you probably aren't interested in my job search, which primarily consists of watching episodes of Heroes on Netflix anyway. It's a seriously great show by the way.

You may be wondering what adventures we've been up to in the 901. Or maybe you aren't wondering that, so what are you doing on this page?

Number One: 


While dining at Panera the other day, Sylvia and I ran into some University of Memphis basketball players. Wesley Witherspoon was in front of us in line! I should probably now insert a shout-out to Claire Riley, as he is probably on her potential husband list. After our lunch, Sylvia and I hit up Shelby Farms to reminisce over our XC days at SMS. We did a lap around the lake and then walked the SMS track. We have several 5K's on the schedule for this summer and are trying to get ready!

Number Two:


My little sister, Elizabeth, is obsessed with the Food Network. AKA, when she heard that their new show "Food Trucks" was hitting Memphis, she wanted to go see the trucks. We found them last night at Overton Park by the Levitt Shell! Luckily for us, they were even filming. The concept of the food truck is very interesting. Maybe I'll open one for a summer project. Or perhaps I should stick to blogging and scrapbooking for the time being.

Okay, that's all for now. I am going to DC on Wednesday and need to pack!
Kswagg

No comments:

Post a Comment