Sunday, May 22, 2011

M.E.M.P.H.I.S.

This week my friend from TCU (shout out to Luke Harville) sent me to the Urban Dictionary definition of his hometown, Houston. Knowing that Memphis is infinitely more ghetto that Houston, I decided to look up our definition too. It read as follows:


I much prefer the second entry. Makin' Easy Money Pimpin' Hoes In Style. However, that's not how I've been spending my summer. Which is a very, very good thing.

So how have I been spending my summer!?

ADVENTURE UNO: 
Last week, Sylvia, Jordan, and I decided to go to BBQ fest. Sylvia documented that adventure two posts below. Essentially, we decided to walk. About 20 minutes into the 45 minute walk, it started to rain. We decided to still give BBQ fest a chance and paid $8 only to realize that it wasn't much fun since we weren't 21 and didn't know anyone. Oh well, the walk was fun! Jordan and I still needed our BBQ fix though, so we headed to Central and split a BBQ nacho. Yum. 


ADVENTURE DOS:
ConGRADulations to the newest SMS Alumnae in the Waggoner Family! That's right, Susan graduated from St. Mary's Episcopal School on Monday. Between Baccalaureate (finally learned how to spell that one) and Graduation, she looked beautiful and the family had a blast. It was fun catching up with our middle school teachers after the ceremonies! 

  

Susan was even crazy enough to let me do her hair...

But, hey, SMS Graduation didn't quite compare to Booker T. Washington's ceremony where President Barack Obama spoke. It even trended on Twitter as "memprez." All I have to say is Memphis would make it "memprez" with a "z."



ADVENTURE TROIS (surprise, I actually took le Francais dans d'ecole):
On Thursday, Jordan, Natalie, Susan, and I went to check out Bon Jovi at the FedEx Forum. We found super cheap tickets on Groupon and enjoyed some sushi at Sekisui Midtown before the concert. I don't think I've ever seen a 60-something year old man dance like that. I also don't think it's a stretch to say that Bon Jovi is in insanely good shape for someone his age! He sang some great hits, including Living on a Prayer, but let's just say after nearly two hours of continuous singing, I won't be listening to Bon Jovi for a long, long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment