Sunday, May 22, 2011

Okay, so Kathryn and I sort of failed to realize that just having a blog isn't exactly the point... you're supposed to update it (and I just got the username and password for this thing-so that's my excuse.)

Well, here we go. Does writing in this make me a published author? Can you cite me in a paper now? Here - Columbus flew the first airplane around the world. If you find that fact via google search, include it in your research paper and then cite this thing. Maybe it would be more legit if we bought a domain name so blogger isn't in the URL.. oh well, I guess it's something for us to consider.

Anyway, what have we missed by not updating this in eh, a week and a couple days? Nothing exciting.

Kathryn, Jordan and I went to BBQ fest. I told them it was close to my house so we should walk... we got there 45 minutes later and then it started pouring, and we missed the window of free admission since it took us so long to get there. Once we got there, there was nothing to do if you weren't 21 or had a tent.. so we stayed around for 5 minutes while getting rained on and then decided to leave.

Cool corner of a building we saw when walking to BBQ Fest- made of actual legos
Empty, rainy BBQ Fest

One of the fancier "tents"
Things were more spread out this year @ Tiger Lane



Kathryn not really sure why we are here or what there is to do..











I went to a couple concerts last week. Last Sunday was the Chamber music circle - that was neat because it was hosted in a house overlooking the river so there was a view of some of the flooding. I went outside before the concert started to take a walk and ended up talking to some people demonstrating. I had a nice talk with the woman. Her family had driven to Memphis from Montana and she was asking me if it would be more effective to demonstrate at Graceland... we talked about the pros and cons including safety of the neighborhood, pedestrian traffic, etc. It was funny/strange/etc.

The view looking out the window

Practicing before the concert started





One of the guys demonstrating - sign says "Trust in the Lord Jesus"

Other side said something about falling in the hands of a living God

Wasn't sure what they were actually preaching- but appeared to be against materialism 

I started my internship on Monday at Running Pony Productions - and that has been pretty cool so far. I was off Wednesday so I could go to my mom's concert- she was playing in the final performance of the Rennaisance music circle at the Memphis Country club. I was her page turner, it was a pretty important job. We practiced together 3 times.



Kathryn and I tried to bike the green line yesterday. After strategizing about what was the safest way to get to the beginning, we loaded the bikes into the car and then her brake came right off the front of her bike. We decided to go on a nice run around the lake in Shelby Farms instead.

Besides babysitting and working at the racquet club - that pretty much brings us up to speed to today - until the next post (which will be in like 5 minutes) thank you loyal followers, aka mom. Oh wait, mother doesn't read this. Well, thank you Kathryn, for probably skimming over this post to make sure I'm not using profanity or making up lies about us doing crazy things.

Syl

No comments:

Post a Comment