Friday, June 17, 2011

SINS

In case you are uneducated on popular culture, SINS means "sorry I'm not sorry." Moral of the story, SINS that I have been MIA for about three weeks now. (In case you're an idiot, MIA means "missing in action.")

On that note, here comes what will likely be a very long and confusing update for all of our nonexistent followers.

After getting back from Washington at the end of May, I headed to Hot Springs for some quality time at the lake with the family. We spent a lot of time skiing, tubing, and chilling in the sun. Much to my surprise, I still remembered how to ski and got some great workouts in! I did however have a very unfortunate encounter with a very, very long garden snake that tried to join in on my afternoon hammock nap one day. On Labor Day we had a lovely guest: Michael Dabbs! I convinced Michael to try to ski too, which ended in lots of pain for him. SINS. Here's a picture:


After my brief stint in Arkansas, I drove over to Fort Worth for birthday dinner with the lovely Darcie Nicholson. Since she got to spend her actual birthday in London, we had to celebrate a little early. We met up with Andrea, Courtney, Marni, and Beth at Terra where we had an exceptionally good-looking waiter.

The next day, I met up with Darcie in Dallas at Northpark where we went to her wonderful hole-in-the-wall eyebrow shop. And, to no one's surprise, this is where things go downhill. (See I tricked you. You thought they ripped our eyebrows off and you were wrong.) Turns out, when I met Darcie in Dallas I was also planning on picking Trish up from the airport. Trish called to say she had landed right as we left Northpark, which meant I was already running slightly late. That meant that when I left the eyebrow joint to go retrieve her, I was a good hour late. And then, being the directionally challenged idiot that I am, I as usual got lost. Scratch that, lost is an understatement. I can't even think of the right word to describe this mishap. I went an hour the wrong direction, towards Plano, when I realized I needed to turn around. I got Trish around 4. No worries, she had landed at like 2. (Great friend Kathryn.) So, Trish and I leave the airport and made it back to Fort Worth in an hour.  

PSYCHE.

I got lost once again! We drove in circles, ended up back in Dallas, stopped at a gas station where I unintentionally shoplifted a drink (I went back to pay), went past Fort Worth, and eventually had to use a friend as a Garmin because my iPhone is apparently more directionally challenged than I am. Who knew that was even possible! Trish and I did make it to Fort Worth eventually. In the time it took us to make our little journey, we could have also driven to a beach or a desert or a mountain or the moon. I then preceded to have dinner with Beth Huddleston and her wonderful mother and then headed to bed to rest up for Frog Camp training.


Here's a map of the DFW Metroplex in case you are ever in this situation. Which is doubtful because most people know basic directional things (like left and right) by age twenty.


Since there is no way I can begin to describe Frog Camp in a short paragraph, I am going to head to bed and will update you on all things Horned Frog tomorrow. Let's just hope you're familiar with Bass Head and Harry Potter Dubstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment